Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, anybody?

Have you seen the new Harry Potter yet? OMG....it's AWESOME!!! Although, I have to say, it makes me want to see the final movie now! If you haven't seen it, what are you waiting for? And those of you that don't know, there are three more movies coming out soon that are based on children's books.
  1. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
  2. Where the Wild Things Are
  3. Percy Jackson and the Olympians--Lightning Thief (book one of a series of five)

Today was a busy day. Our school office staff returned to work today. As usual, I took them breakfast. I do this about once a month during the school year to show my love, support, and gratitude to/for them. They love it! Anyway... I moseyed my way up their this morning about 9:00. I should know better by now (afterall, this is my 4th summer to return as a librarian) that the library would be an absolute PIGSTY! Of course it was. I didn't leave it that way, but that's the way it gets after the cleaning crew deep cleans it over the summer. I only got about 1/8 of the things put back in place. I would have stayed longer but the heat got to me. Yes, the a/c in the library is broken, once again. ARGGGG!!!! I think this happens consistently after the a/c being off all summer long. I had our head custodian call it in, but by 2:45, they weren't out there to fix it and I just left. After all, I think it was about 80 degrees in the library, and about 95 degrees outside. There's so much more work to do still. It will all get done in time.

Anyway....
I finished reading another book today. I've read more books these past 6 days then I have all summer. You are probably wondering what it is. It's called Alvin Ho: Allergic to Camping, Hiking, and Other Natural Disasters. If you haven't read it, you should. You'll be laughing out loud. I know...it's a children's book, but you should know me by now. That's all I ever read. After all, it's my job to keep up with what my students are reading. I have posted on my Shelfari list to the right the other latest books I've read. Let me know if you (or your children!) have read any and what you/they think. And if they need a suggestion, look and see what I've read.

Off to start my next book... Punished!
Have a great week.

No comments: