Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ode to Paint and How We Hate Thee!

Okay, okay.... So it's been forever since I last posted. Things here have absolutely been NUTS!!! Where to begin, and no, I don't want to write a novel tonight!

Let's see....
Since March, Tim and I have been mostly working around the house doing little odds and ends. Last week his best man from our wedding, Juan, came up for a few days to help us paint. Yes, paint. It's not that the color was bad (in fact, I really liked the color!), and painting definitely wasn't in our plans, but it just had to happen. You see, the week before I had gone around the house spackling the nail holes, all in tent to later get the can of paint out of the garage that was labeled and slap some paint over the spackle. Easy right? Better think again. You see, after Tim attempted to slap on that paint, we had, well, as he called it, a dalmatian house! We quickly figured out what the previous owners had done. You see, the walls were originally a chocolate brown color. When they went to put this house on the market, they just painted right over that color--one coat, no primer. So, needless to say, the chocolate color bled threw. When Tim went to put paint over the hole, the true color came out. It didn't look pretty, and after all, we were throwing our House Warming Party the next weekend and it had to look good. So we ended up painting the dining and living room, along with one hallway in about three days. We finished just in time for our party.

Ok, so other than painting and doing odds and ends around the house this summer, I have busily been creating new cards. It's hard to create anything, yet alone mass produce things during the school year! Believe it or not people are constantly asking me what's new, and what do I have ready to sell. One must be prepared!

I've also been to a few workshops for school. I had one today all about the latest and greatest in tween books. Yes, books for tweens--children age 10-14, if you don't know. And on that note....

You can't doubt that I've been busily reading children's books, too. Afterall, I do have to keep up with the latest and greatest! It's my job. Check out my shelves on Shelfari. It will tell you what I've read, and what I am currently reading. You can also check out my Wiki I'm writing for school. http://www.whitcombreads.pbworks.com

I'm off to bed. Tomorrow morning I am meeting a girlfriend of mine and her two daughters to see the latest Harry Potter movie. Can't wait.

I'll try and do better with my postings.

No comments: